The SPED Board of Directors manages the business affairs of SPED. For details on the Board's responsibilities and operation, see the SPED Bylaws and Constitution. Excerpts from the Bylaws are listed below.
1) Board meetings are conducted once per month from 11:30AM until 1:30PM on Friday. Meetings will be reduced to one meeting quarterly in 2014 once all committees are in place and working.
2) The board secretary emails notice of the next meeting one week prior to the meeting.
3) Board members may phone into the meetings.
4) Lunch is provided to those attending in person.
5) A toll-free number will be provided to any board member who must phone in to participate in the meeting.
6) Communication between board meetings is chiefly through emails and phone calls.
7) Any board member not present for three consecutive meetings, will be asked to resign from the board.
7) You must be a SPED Member to participate as a board member.
SPED Board of Directors
Ron Waldon, PPD Level IV
Kerry Millen, PPD Level IV
SPED Executive Director
Kevin Noakes, PPD Level IV
SPED Vice President
Carol Mc Comb, PPD Level IV
SPED Chapter Director
Lee Jewell, PPD Level IV
C&I Engineering Chief of Plant Design
SPED Director and SPED Louisville Chapter Vice President
Term: 2016 -
Paul Bowers, PPD Level IV
SPED Director, Webmaster, Developer, Server Admin
Term: 2016 -
Excerpts from the Bylaws Relating to the Board of Directors
The business, property and affairs of the Society shall be managed by the Board of Directors. The detailed management of the affairs of the Society shall be exercised by the President and Executive Director of the Society under the authority of the Board of Directors. The President, Executive Vice President, and Executive Director shall execute the policies and decisions of the Board, subject to the Constitution and Bylaws of the Society.
All questions coming before the Society, its governing bodies and committees shall be decided by a majority of the votes cast except as otherwise provided by the Constitution and Bylaws. Each Member, other than Student Members, shall be entitled to one vote on all questions submitted to the membership of the Society.
Organization and Terms of Board Members
President: Two Years
Executive Vice President: Two Years
Treasurer who is elected by the Board of Directors and length of term shall be at their discretion.
Treasurer Elected by the Board of Directors and length of term shall be at the discretion of the Board of Directors
Executive Director term of office shall begin at the close of the annual meeting at which the officer’s election is announced and shall continue until a successor qualifies.
Two Vice Presidents and at least two Directors shall be elected each year.
President, Executive Vice President, Executive Director and Treasurer shall be elected at a board meeting at which a quorum of the Board of Directors is present.
An Executive Committee of the Board of Directors shall consist of the President, Executive Vice President, Vice Presidents, Treasurer, and the Executive Director. Within the limitation set by the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee shall act for and with the authority of the Board of Directors between its regular meetings.
There will be no limit to the number of terms any officer or director may serve.
Revised 20 January 2017 Paul Bowers